Technology and tools
Frameworks can be useful, but be wary of using them by default. Think carefully about the problem you’re solving by using a particular framework, and about the cost of using it to you, your team, and your users.
Frameworks have some Pros. They:
- can make complex things simpler;
- are often well maintained and well tested.
Frameworks also have some Cons. They:
- add a dependency to your project;
- can be overkill for the problem you are trying to solve;
- can be painful to upgrade;
- can have a steep learning curve;
- are solving someone else’s problem, not yours.
Roll your own framework, but borrow from the best. Look at Bootstrap, Foundation, and other frameworks for ideas.